Last updated 1st January, 2019
1. What Information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us (Submitted Information)
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you complete the Contact Us form on our website (deductive.com/contact-us), when you create an account for our Deductive Pipeline API, or by corresponding with us via email or chat
Information automatically collected about you and your device
Each time you visit one of our sites we may automatically collect the following information about you or your device: details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communications data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access in Log Information
Information automatically collected
We may obtain information from you about other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources might include social media profile information, marketing leads and search results and links
2. How do we use your information?
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), with your consent (“Consent”)m and/or compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time by using the opt-out option in the body of any of our emails
- To administer services: We may use the information you send to us to help administer our Data Pipeline API service
- To analyze marketing campaigns: If you live or are situated outside the EU, we may use your information to analyze whether you have been exposed to an advertisement that is carrying a pixel provided by Deductive
3. How do we use your information?
We may process or share data based on the following reasons;
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, consultants and other third-party service providers: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contracts or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work.
4. Who will your information be shared with?
We may disclose your information with the following third parties: LinkedIn, Mailchimp, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Analytics
We may use pixels to access or store information.
6. How long do we keep your information?
7. How do we keep your information safe?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process.
8. Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 13 years of age. By using our Site, you represent that you are at least 13 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will delete it. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13 please contact us at email@example.com
9. What are your privacy rights?
In some regions (like the European Economic Area) you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erased, (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information, and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent ay any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority,. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/autorities/index_en.htm
10. Controls for do-not-track features
11. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parities for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post to the Sites. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the meal address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
12. Do we make updates to this policy?
13. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Tom Weiss, by email at email@example.com, by phone at +44 (0)20 7866 4050, or by post to Tom Weiss, Deductive, Thames Tower, Station Road, Reading. RG1 1LX United Kingdom